Saturday 30 April 2011

Vintage Christmas Angel Card

This is going to be a really quick post from me today, I just thought I'd show you the card I made using my favourite stamp from my new stamp set.


The image has been stamped onto the shiny side of frosted shrink plastic with Stazon. The reverse has then been coloured with Promarkers and the edges inked with a gold paint pen. I tore a piece of white card to match the contours of the image and then heat embossed it with gold powder before mounting the shrink plastic image. The backing paper was made using Distress Inks and my trusty Papersoft stamps. I've distressed the edges prior to lightly inking them and adding faux stitching. The image has then been mounted using foam pads.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club - Angels
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Favourite Image
If The Shoe Fits - Things with wings
Stamp Something - Things with wings
Crafts & Me - Vintage/distressed

17 comments:

  1. Loving the background and the lovely image looks super!! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh just love this hun,the background effect on this looks,brilliant hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous love the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Claire.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple but so effective, well done x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks fab Claire. I didn't get on with shrink plastic but I think I was using the wrong ink! I love the image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Claire and super image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the soft color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is impressive, love how you have coloured the shrink I would never have thought of doing that, its fabulous. hope you are ok sorry I havent been around so much, thanks for your kind comments hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I luuurrrvvvve that image hun.
    Thank you also for joining us Rockin' Rubbahs over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. LOve how you have used shrink plastic. Thank you soooo much for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx
    Off to look at that stamp now at Papersoft lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet angelic image, thanks for joining us this week at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a pretty vintage card love the image thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - what a fun technique for your main image! I'm SO glad you played along with us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long! Hope to see you back next week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...