Anyway, onto my offering for this week. I decided after much panicking that I'd try my hand at graffitti but on a small scale. So I created some simple stencils using a graffiti font from Dafont and a very basic bomb. I then taped them in position and started airbrushing with a straw........EPIC fail!!! Nothing, not one single drop of ink landed on my page. So I dug out my aerosol air dusting cannister which proved a little too powerful and sent ink everywhere. Finally I found a solution when one of my fellow GI teamies Claire C suggested using an empty biro case - thanks Claire :)
When I removed the masks the images didn't really pop and I was more than a little disappointed. So after a bit of a sulk I decided I'd see what would happen once I outlined them with black ink - best move ever, the images came to life and popped right off of the page. Once I was completely happy with the background I ran it through an embossing folder to give the appearance of a wall.
I was going to use a printed backing paper, but again it toned the graffiti down too much, so I decided to create a random spray painted effect background using the straw technique again.
Finally I coloured the boy image from the Pretty Tuff CD added some dimensional glue and mounted him onto the card.
Airbrushing: 8150, 5245, 1180, 7155, 9909
Skin: 4115, 4155, 4135, 4170
Trousers/Hat: 9100, 9103, 9909
T-Shirt/Shoes: 5210, 5245, 9501
If you do decided to give this a go, please let me know, I'd love to see what you come up with.
Thanks for stopping by
I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges: