Saturday 2 April 2011

Ever Have One Of Those Weeks???

Where you seem to be continually chasing your tail? Well I've had one this week - the whole household has got the lurgy, I almost forgot Mother's Day and worse still I suddenly realised at about 8pm last night it was my wedding anniversary today!!! Cue frantic card making activity and DS keeping DH occupied with a film so he wouldn't come and investigate what I was upto! Anyway, I managed to pull together a quick card - not thrilled with it but the thought is there.


The background of the image has been created with Distress Inks. I've then stamped the Tim Holtz bird in Versafine ink and then masked it. The cow parsley has been stamped multiple times with Versamark and then heat embossed with Gold Heat It Up Embossing Powder. The bird has been coated with Glossy Accents and once dried the entire image has been given a generous spritz of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist prior to mounting on black card.

The Date Sentiment is from Lily of the Valley and has been heat embossed. The anniversary sentiment is from Create & Craft. Finally the black ribbon and gems are from my stash.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 - Distressing



Pixie Dust Studio - Fluttering Wings
Top Tip Tuesday - Nature Inspired

17 comments:

  1. Claire, firstly wishing you and hubby a wonderful anniversary. What a last minute card. It's fab and that bird is so cute. Best wishes, kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Claire, your card is wonderful, I'm sure your hubby will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is a gorgeous card I love the effect the whole card looks awesome. I wish my quick ones could look this good I love it!!!
    I know what you mean about one of those weeks I've not even had time to scratch the tail I'm chasing lol.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your family all has the lurgy, no wonder you're late making some of your cards - I didn't even have that excuse! Great male themed anniversary card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Happy Anniversary Claire,as for the card amazing I love it,a fabulous male card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Claire and I love the quick card its just so beautiful!!! I always think the less time you have the better it seems to be!!! less stress with all the thinking. Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous! What the heck is "the lurgy"?? I know it's gotta be Brit-speak for something....allergies???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, just proves what you can do in a hurry what you cn do when you have 'time' I love that card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card wish my quick cards looked this good. happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!! Lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Claire! Yes, I have one of 'those' weeks nearly every week!! :) hope everyone in your house is feeling better soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Claire. The stamping is fab on this card. The masking effect looks great as well. Happy Anniversary!!! Hope your weekend has been less frantic than the last week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated anniversary, your card is stunning. Sorry to hear you've got the lurgy, hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card I hope you had a lovely Anniversary too :)

    Thanks for joining in with Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and what a result for a quick make! Hope you and DH had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Pixies this week, we hope to see you back again!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...