Friday 3 December 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge - Altered Candle & Charger Plate

I can't believe it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers! This time the theme is to use Purple, Silver and White on your project. The winner will receive three Sweet Pea Rubber Stamps as their prize (pop over to the challenge blog to see which ones are on offer this time). I do hope that you will join us. This is my project for your inspiration.

One of my non-crafty friends has fallen in love Sweet Pea Stamps and has none too subtly requested that I use the images on her Birthday and Christmas cards. I'm going to use this image on her Christmas card, but thought that I'd also use it on a small gift for her. As she has an obsession with fragranced candles, I thought this altered candle and charger plate would be the perfect gift.


I have to confess to having cheated a little with this project, but to be honest if the materials are there why not use them? So can you guess what my cheat was? Yep that's right I didn't stamp or colour the image!! I used one of the fantastic decoupage sheets from The Crafty Purple Frog. I won't bore you with the details of how I did it as I'm sure you've all seen these altered candles floating around blogland!

The charger for the candle to stand on, is a cheap 29p glass one from a local bargain store, over which I've dabbed with alcohol inks and glued some mini mirri board snowflakes.

Materials
Image - The Crafty Purple Frog
Candle
Tissue Paper
Greaseproof Paper
Ribbon - Lidl
Glass Charger - local bargain store
Alcohol Inks
Mirri board
Stickles
Glossy Accents

Tools
Heat gun
Ink Blender Tool
Snowflake punch

I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers - White & Splash
Magical Mondays - Wings
Crafts & Me - Snowflake
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Decorations
Cupcake Craft - Light it up
Bunny Zoe's - Christmas but not a card
Crafty Cardmakers - oldest, latest and greatest

17 comments:

  1. Oh my god, it's simply beautiful, you are so very talented Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this rocks Claire I agree you are so talented. Love this candle and I am sure your friend will adore it. Go on tell us how you cheated xxx Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Your friend will love it!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Claire.no idea how you cheated.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely candle and charger. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous candle
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey hunny just popping by to catch up with all of my very neglected blog friends. Wow what beautiful creations you have been making darl. Those candles are gorgeous and how yummo is that candy wreath!!! your cards are fantastic. Promise to be back again soon. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats fantastic, those candles look great with the images on them

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is utterly, utterlu gorgeous Clare. And please, do bore away - I've seen it done with tissue paper and a heat gun - never seen it done with a digi image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic work! Thanks for joining in with our theme of Christmas Decorations over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, thank you for joining us at Magical Monday this week, good luck big hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, thank you for sharing at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMword this is just stunning! Great choice of image for sure, no wonder your friend loves it so much !! Well done with the cheat! Thanks for sharing your white'n'splash with us at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight! Little Miss Neat (Corry)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya teamie :D
    This is stunning hun! How did you get the image to print onto the tissue?
    Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning. Your friend's cheek has really paid off cos she will be getting a truly lovely gift!

    By the way, what is a charger??? I am sure I should know but feeling quite ignorant here, lol

    Thanks for joining in with our white and a spalsh challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Applause!!!!! Absolutely stunning!! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous Claire, your friend will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...