Wednesday 20 October 2010

Quick & Easy Christmas Card

It's my turn to post over at the Delicious Doodles Blog and as thing have been a bit hectic here this week I needed a fast make. When I saw this Little Nut Tree (due for release today) over at the Delicious Doodles Shop I just knew it would be perfect for something I've been wanting to try out for ages, which if everything went to plan would be a fast make. I wasn't sure it was going to work, but thought nothing ventured nothing gained! As you can see it did work and I'll definitely be using this technique again. The only thing I'd possibly change is the ribbon, but this was all I had in my stash. From start to finish the card took less than 30 minutes.

Going to have to apologise in advance for the number of piccies, but struggled to get a decent shot and wanted to show the embossing and true colour of the card.





The image was printed, heat embossed and then cut out. The card base has been cut using nesties labels 8 and then embossed with Sizzix Texturz . I've run a gold inkpad around the edges and over the embossing, added a bit of ribbon and a sentiment.

Just a quick reminder - don't forget to enter my £30 CSN voucher giveaway (click on the link at the top RH side of the page).

Tools
Heat Tool
Big Shot
Nestabilities - labels eight
Sizzix Texturz Plates

Materials
Glossy Card - Asda
Heat It Up Embossing Powder
Gold Ink Pad - Versacolour
Ribbon - stash
Sentiment - Papermainia

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything goes
Karen's Doodles -  Colour (gold)
Cowgirl's Sunday - Create your own background
Sweet Stampin - Ribbon
Mami Doodles - Vera's Card Drive

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous I love the gold and the wet and dry embossing a really elegant card hun xxx Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hun! How DO you emboss a digi-image? Not worked that one out myself yet!!??
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning Claire! Please share on how to heat emboss a digi image as it looks so beautiful :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow claire this is the best its so scrummy. hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire. I love all the embossing especially where you've carried it through to the gold card. And yep how do you emboss a digi image?? Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card! Love the embossing a lot!
    Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is very pretty so I'm sorry to tell you that I have to remove it from our challenge because there is no Karen's Doodles images on it as this is the most important rule ;)

    Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW!! What a fabby luxurious card! I love love LOVE the gold ;o)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Mami Doodles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Really elegant! Thanks for joining us at CSSC, good luck and hope to see you again soon
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - it so elegant and beautifuly done! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quick, easy and beautiful! Nice card Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, I love the image and the embossing, very festive x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, what a great effect

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous work! The simplicity of the background really sets off the beautiful image :D Thank you for sharing it with us at Cowgirls Sundays XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card Claire the image is beautifully simple and the way you have done the background reminds me of snow falling. Beautiful elegant card.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous design! Thanks so much for joining us for a Mami Doodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles. Hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...