Thursday 23 September 2010

A Distressed Christmas!

Finally I've made another Christmas card! This one took me a little out of my comfort zone as it uses non - traditional colours and papers and a really cutesy image. I've not decided who I'm going to send it to, but it's another one off of my list :)


I inked the card base with distress inks. The DP's have been distressed and then inked. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and then the snowman and ground have been given the Stickles treatment. The snowman's hat has been given a sprinkling of Soft Magic (not sure how clearly my picture shows it, but it's quite fluffy). I've added some faux stitching to finish the card off.

Tools
Purple Cows Guillotine
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels one
Big Shot
Marianne Creatables - Snowflake die
Tim Holtz Blender Tool

Materials
Card base - Craftwork Cards
DP's - K&Co Hopscotch
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tea Dye, Walnut Stain
Image - Ladybug Stamps
Buttons - stash
Stickles - Stardust
Soft Magic - white
Promarkers -  cool grey 1, cinnamon, dusky pink

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Christmas Card Challenges - Distressing
For Fun Challenges - Vintage
ABC Challenge - D is for Distressing
Creative Belli - B Themed Embellishments
Charisma Cards - Anything goes
A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything goes

25 comments:

  1. I love this card the colours are fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cute - I love the image and you have coloured it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this image, and the colours are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in this card, your so talented, co-ordinating things xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute card. Love the child standing on the antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the non traditional color scheme. Great job for stepping out of that comfort zone!
    xxx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant image, fab distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the colours, not bold but yet not pastel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love that dusky pink colour

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours you have used! I've just got that stamp today, I chose it as my prize from the Ladybug blog hop.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful card! Love the colours and image. Thank you for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire - that's gorgeous. I love your distressing and the colours work really well. I love the faux stitching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire, me loves so very much...
    love the zig zag stitching it just looks so right with the icy snowman theme, might be lifting that If I'm allowed, its just a stunning stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the distressing and the colours work so well for a Christmas card.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  15. a lovely card Claire! you have worked the distressed christmas look very well ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card and that image is so sweet. Thanks for playing at ABC this time.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! The image is adorable. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful creation Claire .... a wonderful palette for a vintage Christmas! Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Love the colors you used. Very soft, and yet striking!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute and pretty. Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card. Love your colours and the image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, love the colours and distressing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great colors and awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute - getting geared up for the winter themes. Thanks for sharing with For Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...