Friday 10 September 2010

Altered Notebook

Back in the summer I saw a gorgeous altered notebook on Dragonlew's blog which made me want to make one for myself. Well finally I've got around to making one! I'm not sure about all the ribbon, but I have so much of the stuff I figured I better start using it. Unfortunately, this one won't be for me as my friend came round for coffee, spotted it and has nabbed it for her MIL's stocking filler. I'm not sure what's happened with my photo, it's made the colours look like they are really faded (they're actually a lot more bright and vibrant than this).


The leaves are a digi stamp from Dragons Lair Designs. I've coloured them with distress inks, cut them out and mounted them on foam pads to give a little dimension. The notepad was a cheapy 59p one from ASDA and I've just covered it with papers from K&Co. I've coloured some of the ribbons with Promarkers to try and keep the autumnal colour scheme.

Tools
Tim Holtz Blender
Basic Grey Sanding Set

Materials
DP - K&Co
Notebook - Asda
Leaves - Digi Stamp from Dragons Lair Designs
Distress Inks
Ribbons from stash

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes
Cowgirl's Sunday Challenge - Anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - Anything Book Related
Tuesday Taggers - Books
PaperPlay - Autumn
Charisma Cardz - Try something new (altering a notebook for the 1st time)
Delightful Challenges - Ribbons in the colours shown
Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes
Fab n Funky - What eva!
Fresh Brewed - Brown
Your Next Stamp - Anything goes
Anything Goes - Autumn
Tuesday Throwdown - Celebrate Fall
Bunny Zoes Craft's - Vintage

34 comments:

  1. oooh that's beautiful i love it. thought they were real leaves at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, a gorgeous notebook Claire! love the autumn theme :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. so preety , I would have nabbed it too lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing, I shall defiantely be borrowing that idea as well.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire, this is gorgeous, no surprise it got nabbed by your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so pretty, 59p!!!! you would pay a fortune for that in a designer shop no wonder your friend snatched your hand off. A really beautiful gift xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this turned out FABULOUSLY!!! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fantastic love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I love this, absolutely gorgeous project.
    Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the ribbon. Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome leaves. Thats a great idea for a book. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. Will you be making another one now? Good luck in the challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a BEAUTIFUL altered notebook. I love the fall leaves and those gorgeous ribbons!!! Thanks for following and Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

    Heather Dennis
    Fresh Brewed Designs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire, this is stunningly gorgeous.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous book love how you made it over no surprise your friend grabbed it as a gift it is stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those leaves are sensational!! Thanks for joining us at SGC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous , and the ribbon is a fantastic addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Totally stunning! I love it. Thanks for joining in our book theme at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.
    ~Patricia
    SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful job. Love those leaves and the ribbons are perfect with it! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Claire,
    Just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comment yesterday, I didn't mean to vent my frustration to the world but I guess I was only saying what most feel at some time or other.
    I know people enter challenges not so much for the prizes as for the chance to get their creations seen by as many people as possible, thats my moto anyway.
    I only manage one card for my DT most of the time and we are not allowed to use them to enter other challenges so I know its only the people who enter who will have seen what I have made other than my lovely followers, hence my moan....

    Totally love your note book, the ribbons look fantastic and those leaves so beautiful...Not suprized your pal nabbed it. I have added your blog to my sidebar so I don't miss any of your lovely designs again

    Thanks again chick and have a fab weekend
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the ribbon, perfect for our challenge, thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a fantastic notebook. Must check out Asda for these. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls this week.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow this is a beautiful notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful fall Altered Notebook! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us over at Delightful Challenges this week.

    Hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabby notebook, I love what you've done with it - especially all the ribbons down the spine. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girl 1st ever challenge. Hope to see you there again soon. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE note books and yours is just devine,i love all the ribbons,and the way you have coloured the leaves,awesome.thanks so much for joining us at southern girls

    ReplyDelete
  29. So very pretty! Love those beautiful ribbons! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...