Friday 24 September 2010

Adventures with Paper Piecing and Decoupage

I've seen lots of cards with paper pieced images lately and have loved the results, so I decided that I'd give it a go. I chose this adorable little rabbit from Dragons Lair Designs and for reasons best known to myself decided that I'd decoupage the image as well. For those of you who have been following me for a little while, you'll remember I had a bit of a disaster with some shop bought decoupage and swore I'd never go there again! Well I'm really pleased that I gave it a second chance as I'm fairly pleased with the result and will definitely be using this technique again.



Close up to show fuzziness
I used digi papers for this card and printed them directly onto my card base, which saved a whole lot of faffing (is that a word??) around with trying to glue papers onto a diamond fold base. The cute little bunny as I said has been paper pieced and decoupaged, but I didn't stop there! Oh no!! I found some grey flock that I've had sitting unused in my stash and bunged that on for good measure - (in order for my photo to show this up, I had to take the picture in really strong sunlight). I also added some faux stitching with white gel pen (you need to click on the 1st image and zoom in to see it).

Tools
Martha Stewart Scoreboard
Purple Cows Guillotine
Tim Holtz Blender
Sizzix Bigshot
Nestabilities Large Ovals
Tim Holtz Blender
Printer

Materials
Image - Dragons Lair Designs
DP - Jak Heath
Flock - Papermainia
White Gel Pen
Distress Ink
Card Candy - Craftwork Cards

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Emmas - Baby Bonanza
Sweet Stampin - Stitching
The Secret Crafter - Anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Clean up the dust (flocking)
Cowgirl's Sunday - Hip Not to be Square
Stamp with Fun - Stuffed Animals
Top Tip Tuesday - Top Tip - print directly onto card base
Papertake Weekly - Animal Magic
Pollycraft Monday - Cute & Cuddly
Anything Goes - Cute
Digital Tuesday - It's all about the girls
Freshly Brewed - Paper Piecing
Sarah Hurley - Polka Dots & Circles
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Baby
Charisma Cards - Anything goes
A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Stitching
Papercutz - Critter

47 comments:

  1. I think that is fantastic! I love that you have made it fuzzy and the shape is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, it looks amazing, it looks like a little real teddy on there, what kind of flock is it, would love to have a play.
    its fabulous.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire - love this card - the little rabbit looks so fluffy. Love the springy design too
    Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-adorable! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us at PCC!!

    Lisa P.
    mypurpleplayroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG... That is sooo cute.

    Denise

    http://scraps-4-ever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is fantastic Claire, I love it, it's so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip!! Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. flock is fabulous, love your 3d bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, lovely delicate colour and I just love your fuzzy bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card love the flock.
    Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claire your card is just too cute!! Love that little bunny! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!!
    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out GREAT!! One of your best creations to date! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing - beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful and that flocking looks amazing!! Thanks for joining us at CSSC and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic idea to print directly onto card stock.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Tip Top Tuesday at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

    Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet card! I adore your little soft bunny!!
    Thanx for stopping by the ranch to play with the CSSC! The CUP Posse loves checking out everyone's projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, its really pretty & I love the style of it. I've still never tried paper piecing but I totally love the look it gives.
    Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges hope you can join us next week.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, love the fuzziness on the rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whata cute card!
    Great shape!
    Thanks for playing allong at cowgirl sunday challenge!
    marianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. super cute card,love the image, thanks for joining our challenge at craftycatz, do hope you join us next week too for our Birthday celebration, hugs carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous - I love the effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow wow wow this is stunning I love the little rabbit so cute thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh this is so so sweet! love the bunny!
    Thank you so much for coming to play with us @ Digital Tuesday!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card - that flocking is fab!

    Great tip to print directly onto the card blank too - I do hate 'faffing' (Most definitely a word - I use it a lot!)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really cute - love that fuzzy bunny! Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love what you've done to bunny she really looks like she could get off the card and hop away, I'd call this a total success it's fab. Thanks for joining us at Penny's and goodluck with all those challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Claire - absolutely gorgeous. I would be thrilled to receive this card, it's so pretty. That bunny is fab and the flocking really is effective.

    ReplyDelete
  29. great card, well worth the effort the rabbit looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  30. its gorjuss, love the image so much, but think i have spent a lot this month even year lol, great idea to layer it up as well xx

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. G-OR-JUSS. I love this card the flocking is fantastic and the digi papers look wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness!! How much work went into that gorgeous little bunny??? Fabulous :D Thank you for joining us at Cowgirls Sundays XXX

    ReplyDelete
  33. A fabulous card, love the colours and the sweet image.Thanks for playing with Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  34. WWWW...THIS IS TOO CUTE. LOVE THE STYLE CARD YOU PUT IT ON. THANK YOU FOR JOINING US THIS WEEK AT DIGITAL TUESDAY CHALLENGE.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is gorgeous Claire!! Thanks for joining our Baby Challenge at Penny's!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is gorgeous Claire, love the flocking xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow this is sooooooooo cute! thanks for playing at the corrosive challenge blog!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful card. Your bunny is so cute. Thanks for the playing by CSSC. I hope, we see you in the next week again.
    Good luck.
    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  39. That flocking just makes that bunny pop off the card. Very cute critter. Thanks for joining us at PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a stunning card. The image is so cute and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh I loce this! I love the flocking! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz and Sweet Stampin this week x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh love the style of this card and he is super cute. Thank you so much for your lovely comment
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my gracious! This is just sooooo darling. I love the soft bunny and the sweet papers.

    Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is so cute.. love all the fuzzies on the bunny. Thank for playing along PCC this week.
    Hugs, Neeti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...