Thursday 30 November 2017

From Cereal Box to Birdcage!

Just thought I'd share another make from the Honchanda Stampin' Unicorn show. This started life as a docrafts Bare Basic box and a cereal box. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I need to apologise in advance for the number of pictures but there's a lot of details that I want to show you.

The first thing I did was to cut several strips of card from the cereal box. They were then painted with docrafts Gold Artiste Paint before attaching the "bars" to the box lid using Anita's Tacky Glue.

Next I ran the gorgeous Fourni Papers through my die cutting machine with the LDRS Picnic Quilt embossing folders. Using my finger, I rubbed Faber-Castell Metallic Gelatos over the raised embossed areas. The box was then covered with the papers.


I then die cut several butterflies from the Fourni papers using the LDRS Dotted Wings Die Set and covered them with Stickles Glitter Glue. The hanging butterfly charm from the die set was attached in the roof of the cage.


I used an old Spellbinders die to cut some foliage and coloured it with Distress Inks. Flowers from here were then arranged and adhered to the base and top of the cage.


The little bird is sat on a nest of reindeer moss. I've curled the stems of the flowers around a cocktail stick and then attached the butterflies to give them the appearance of flying.


The tag has been stamped with the mini flower from the Daisy Friends stamp set and attached with ribbon from the embellishment kit.


I hope you like my project and that I've not bored you with all the pictures.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Claire this is stunning and love all the pictures. I was wondering how you get the sides to support the top if they are cerial packet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunty Sue. I cut lengths from the cereal packet, paint them and then lay them out in a star formation, gluing the central point. Once the glue has set of firmly, I attach the "bars to the base. It creates a pretty rigid frame to work with. I hope this makes sense? Claire xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...