This weeks challenge over at Stampotique is to Alter Something, and although it's not my week to play along, it is my turn to post over at the Stampotique Designer's Blog. As you know I love altering things, so I thought I'd still run with the theme, especially as I have an ever increasing pile of assorted tins which "might just come in handy!!" Plus it'll get Hubby off of my back. He keeps passing comment on them and I just know if they don't get used he'll sneak them into the re-cycling bin!!! So, I've dug out a sardine can to alter.
I started out by stamping and masking Picket Fence and then heat embossing Abstract Foliage onto a piece of card that had been cut to fit the inside of the tin. It was then Distress Inked and heat embossed with the Abstract Foliage again. The tree has been stamped and heat embossed onto card using Abstract Foliage, then cut out and then Distress Inked.
The tin was covered in moulding paste. Whilst it was still wet I tore strips of card to layer up as the snowdrifts, inked the edges and quickly slid them into position. The images Brrr... , Christmas Mosaic and Snowman were then stamped onto heavy weight card before being cut out and coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I added a light dusting of Stardust Stickles to the Snowman, the collar and cuffs of Brrr's coat and the edges of the snowdrifts . I fully assembled the scene once the paste and Stickles were dry. To finish I die cut two Marianne Creatables Snowflake's LR0125 in shrink plastic, attached a small blue gemstone and glued them in position.
I haven't decided yet as to if this decoration should hang, stand as shown or free stand.... such big decisions ;D
Well that's me done for today.
Thanks for stopping by
I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Creative Stamp Friends - Stamp a scene
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Anything goes