Wednesday 22 August 2012

I know I like a challenge or three, but.........

OMG one layer cards - eek! The lovely Gez has set the challenge of a one layer card over at Stampotique. Now I know that I've done a few inked and silhouette one layer cards in the past that were super quick and easy, but this time I couldn't find any Stampotique silhouette stamps in my stash that I hadn't already shown you recently. So after much thought I've come up with this card which is something completely different for me in everyway! I hope you like it and I'm really hoping that my friends daughter will like it too, as it's for her birthday!


Now if this card had been decoupaged, a stepper or a digital card it would've been a piece of cake as I could've done it in almost any order and it wouldn't have mattered. As it was I actually had to do a bit of planning to get the images layered in the right order :/


The following images were used on this card Stones & Grass Cube, Key Keeper, Daisy Daisy, Welcome Door and Abstract Foliage. I started of by stamping a set of stones, before masking them to over stamp the Key Keeper and then the Welcome Door before filling in with the other stamps. The 18 was created using the numbers from Sizzix Vintage Marketplace as a mask and inking the back wall area with  Distress Ink. Everything has then been coloured with Prismacolor Pencils. I've added some Stickles to the 18, the centre of the daisies and the Key Keeper's body. To give a little shine and dimension I've added Glossy Accents to the heart on the door, key, eyes and horns.


The sentiment has been handwritten (like you couldn't have guessed!!) and says "You've got the key to the door.." and on the inside of the card "...don't lose it!!!"


I hope that you'll come and join the challenge as there is a fantastic prize on offer of $30 to spend on Stampotique stamps. It's worth noting that our rules have changed recently and whilst we'd be thrilled if you used a Stampotique stamp, it's no longer a requirement. I can't wait to see what you all make.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything goes
Anything Goes Challenge - Make your own background
Top Tip Tuesday - One layer card
Lollipop Crafts - Anything goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Happy Birthday/Celebration
Papelitos Stamps - Happy Birthday/Celebration
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes

30 comments:

  1. Oh my! Claire! This card is a REAL stunner!
    It's just incredible, I can't stop looking at it! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even know where to begin with all that masking. This is so clever!

    ...and I love your handwriting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever card, it's gorgeous Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You totally rocked this challenge! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Such a cute little gruffalo guy in an ugly way lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I said last week that you're a natural at one-layer! This just proves it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers Claire - how clever are you!!! All that masking is just PERFECT - fantastic card!!!! Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you are testing the ol' brain cells, Pinky. This looks like a steam rollered version of one of your stepper cards but, as you say, so much more planning ahead is needed. Great card. Loving those little stone/pebble bundles and also how you use Altered Foliage so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My language would have been blue, sorting out the order of what goes when & where. Isn't it strange how one dimensional cards can be trickier than the layered ones? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever work here and a lot of patience needed
    Beautiful card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable! Your friend's daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely...
    She won't lose it.
    xx
    Sarinda
    Stampotique DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Claire, there's a LOT of work gone into this card! I'm sure she will love this card x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love, love, love your card Claire, brilliant stamping! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this gorgeous card.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Stampotique inspired card is very cute. You've done a nice job of coloring the stamped images. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect Claire and love the masking just superb! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've done a really good job with this challenge. Hope the cute little monster doesn't lose his key! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your planning shines with this card Claire! I love that you shared all of the steps with us. Terrific card and I'm positive your friend's daughter will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!

    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh gosh Hun,this is simply brilliant Oh I just love,the scene you have created Hun just amazing,so so effective,and bless you too for playing at anything goes,this week too Hun,brilliant card hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, love all the dimension your coloring has added.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Gorgeous card and all the work you put into it. Thanks for playing with us at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale

    ReplyDelete
  23. Claire, your card is great! It's a really good job with all these stamps, amazing!
    xxx
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #165, #189, #217, #227 and #228.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great work with the masking and layering of images to get this super finished affair - great colouring, too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is a gorgeous one layered project. Love the scene you've created too. So complete. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done Claire, I know how painful this one layered project was for you love!!!. It has turned out perfect. Bet your friends Daughter was over the moon with it. Really love your colouring. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...