Tuesday 25 January 2011

Just Saying Hello

My mojo has been a bit off recently, so I decided to stick to using elements that appealed to me and do you know what for the first time in ages I pulled a card together without even thinking about it! I've made this card for a friend who I don't get see anywhere near enough who is having a rough time of things at the moment. Hopefully she'll realise that although I'm not physically with her, that my thoughts are very much focused on her.


I used my trusty nesties to create the card base and  associated layers from Bazzil card and My Minds Eye So Sophie. The sentiment is part of set from Hero Arts. I've stamped it in Sepia Versafine and then cut round the image and finished it with a dusting of Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. The butterflies have been punched using a Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch , the ferns have beencut using a Little Claire's Fern Die and the flowers have been die cut using the Sizzix 3D Flower.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - 2 Patterned Papers
Crafty Cardmakers - Floral
Woodware USA - Anything goes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Clear as Mud
Digi Doodles Shops Best - Anything Goes
Paper Romance - Shaped Card
The Creative Cottage - Shaped Card
Simon Says Stamp - Bingo - Punch/die cut, Flowers & Gems (pearl)

23 comments:

  1. Lovely card, it looks very classy. I love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I'm sure your friend will be thrilled. Thanks for joining us this week with Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Claire, such a great design and your papers and colours are so pretty along with you fabulous details.

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....this really is a beautiful card Claire & I'm sure your friend will treasure it for a very long time.
    Thankyou for joining us girlies at Sweet Stampin, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thing to do. My mojo has gone for a burton too - think mine is because of the dratted chest ifection though - just saps the energy. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello hun what a lovely classy card and I am sure your friend will appriciate you thinking about her thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hope you can join us again next time hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep following your instincts, this card is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card perfect to let your friend know you arethinking of her

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Claire - this is such a good shape to work with. I like the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Claire, this is very lovely, so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a gorgeous card, and I'm sure your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Clair, love the card and realy enjoyed being with you today. looking forward to next week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A love card, your friend will love it I'm sure

    Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Simple and elegant :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card, hopefully you mojo returns quickly. You can't tell from your card its gone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an elegant card! I love the sentiment and the flower. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I absolutely LOVE this card x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Really classy! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow!
    this is just stunning! Its brill, are you sure you mojo left you?? I love it!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this time!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card Claire. I love the colours and the 3D flower is gorgeous. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...