Wednesday 2 March 2011

Spring Shaker Card Using Tim Holtz Sizzix Branch Tree Die

Today's post is going to be short 'n' sweet as I'm really pushed for time! A friend who runs a craft store asked me to create a sample card using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Branch Die. At first I was completely uninspired and could only see a Halloween related project, which in March is hardly appropriate! So I went away had a little think and came up with this card.


I covered a card base with Basic Greys Lemonade Paper. The shaker frame has been cut using my nesties, I've then filled it with Soft Magic. The tree has been cut from white cardstock and coloured with distress inks. I've added Soft Magic to the tree branches. The sentiment from Ladybug Crafts Ink has been stamped using Memento Ink.

I'm going to try and make a few more cards with this Tree Branch Die all with a different theme, so watch this space!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
By the Cute & Girly - Springtime
Sir Stampalot - Spring is in the air
Everybody Art - Spring
Incy Wincy Designs - Spring
Papercutz - Spring

24 comments:

  1. Hi there Claire,
    I gotta say I think this is wicked....I love it.
    The way you brought the elements together is genious...
    Fantastic job hun, a truly wonderful piece of work...
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card - really different look to it. I like the shape of the die as well. The soft magic looks just like blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea, it looks really effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! Love the fluff inside, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Claire.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great use of the die, fab card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously creative card Claire, love all that fuzzy stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea, just love it. Great little sentiment too. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft flowers, it is a lovely touch. Really love this card. Stunning and elegant. I'll bet you're still finding that flower soft everywhere stil though !!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation. Annette xx (Incy Wincy DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Definitely got the WOW factor here dear! I LOVE it! Thank you for playing with us at BTC&G and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card so different thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the flower soft (I guess it's called soft magic where you are?) touches...absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh just love this,that flower soft looks great,brilliant design,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there Claire

    What a lovely creation, love the pretty Spring colours.

    Thank you so much for joinin us at Stampalot challenge this month and hope to see you again.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very intersting card. Never made a shaker one yet, will have to try it . . . one day! LOL!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, love the soft magic

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card. It fits our challenge perfectly! Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is brilliant, love it, I have never used the soft stuff before maybe now I have seen this I will have to invest.

    Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful creation
    thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really original card. Fab way of using this die and the Soft Magic.
    thank you for entering the BTC&G Springtime challenge this month.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant card very creative

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...