Friday 5 August 2016

Life's a beach when you're 18!!!


My baby girl is finally 18!!! I say finally, because it been really hard for her as she's the baby of her social group and has waited for what seems to be forever to be able to go out to the pubs and clubs with her friends.


We're taking her on holiday as part of her birthday celebrations, so hopefully she'll get to enjoy a few cocktails on the beach with us. In view of this I thought this card would be very fitting.


I'm not sure that my photos do this card justice but hopefully you'll be able to see all the dimension and glittery bits. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me either by email, Facebook or Instagram. I always respond and promise that I don't bite!


I inked a simple background with Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks before cutting a strip of vellum and and heat embossing the Happy Birthday sentiment. Next, I drew a cocktail glass body and traced it onto acetate. Prior to cutting it out I added some "flaps" to the sides of the glass (these are folded and tucked into slits in the inked background to make the glass 3D). Next I cut a simple stem and die cut a circle for the base. I then cut matching vellum shapes.


The vellum was coloured using Distress Inks and secured with strategically placed glue dots. Next I lightly marked where the glass was to be placed on the inked background and cut slits about 1/2cm  in towards the centre of the glass from the edges. I ran double sided tape down the acetate flaps and slotted the glass body into place. I cut a piece of vellum to create the back of the glass and then carefully ran silicone glue around the entire rim of the glass before coating generously with diamond dust. I then assembled the remaining parts of the glass and added a straw that I had cut in half.


I stamped and heat embossed the glasses from the Susan K Weckesser  and added vellum and acetate "glass" to them. Next I stamped, coloured and cut out several flowers, leaves and shells from the stamp sets listed below. and attached them to the card with silicone glue. To finish I added lots of glitter and some 3D gloss glue.

I hope you like my little creation but more importantly I hope she likes it!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

Stamp Sets used:

I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Claire you've excelled yourself this is stunning as is your beautiful daughter! Happy 18th Birthday Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...