Saturday 7 May 2016

It's a girl!

Well I hope it is! I've been wanting to make a nappy/diaper cake forever, so when my lovely friend announced she was having a little girl it gave me the perfect opportunity to make one.


I looked at lots of tutorials on the internet to give me an idea of how best to construct the cake (you can find the ones I used here on my Pinterest board). I then adapted things to suit my needs, for example the base layer of the cake was created by gluing a strip of card around a cake board. This meant that I could create a solid base for the cake lose things like baby grows and burp clothes inside. The tulle "icing" was added to cover the nappies which had brightly coloured edges and the additional cake tiers are secured with plastic rods which makes for a very stable cake.


I have to say for a first attempt I'm not too unhappy with the finished product and I had lots of fun making it and would definitely make another one at some point.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this project into the following projects:

5 comments:

  1. Oh Claire what a beautiful gift for your friend! You have done a phenomenal job and I absolutely LOVE the items choices. Your friend will surely adore t!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake turned out beautifully! I love how yo put everything together. <3 I just had a baby girl in the middle of February and I received something similar. It was so fun opening it up! I'm sure your friend loved this! :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable and the expecting friend will be delighted to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on your IG post.. but its even more amazing on a bigger screen. You could make a lot of money making these, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...