Sunday 23 August 2015

Raskog Trolley - Pimp It!

OK I know I'm late to the party with this (I'm sure most of you already have one) but I thought I'd share my latest crafty purchase. Yep I finally treated myself to a Raskog Trolley from IKEA.


As many of you know I haven't been able to craft properly for the past couple of years due to a build on my home that went horribly wrong. Every now and then I have to craft but it's like pulling teeth as I have to use the dining room table and most of my stuff is stored away in boxes. Sometimes it can take me a good couple of hours to find items in my stash that I know I have and then I have to clear away and repack stuff and to be honest it just takes the enjoyment out of it. I wouldn't mind if it was stuff I didn't use very often but I'm talking basic stuff like tools, dies, glues and paints!


My long suffering Husband is fed up with my grouching about not being able to craft and suggested that as temporary fix he'd set up one of the new units we've purchased for the craft room in the dining room downstairs. I really didn't like this idea as it would mean losing precious living space, so after much thinking and googling I finally decided that the Raskog Trolley might be the answer. It means the stuff I use frequently is to hand and I can easily tidy it away. Plus the trolley can be moved out of sight when not in use.


I've pimped my trolley and am now kicking myself that I didn't buy more of the hanging pots. Still it gives me an excuse to return to IKEA! If you have one and have pimped it I'd love to see what you've done as I'm sure there must be lots of really cool ideas to increase storage space.

As you can see Miss Lillie has given it a good look over and is somewhat disappointed that there isn't room for her on it!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Claire x

15 comments:

  1. Have you got any space left in it Claire to make it future proof? It's a fab idea as I have no crafty space either but no space to put the trolley either :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the bottom shelf still has plenty of room for more dies and middle shelf is almost empty. Someone suggested the magnetic tubs with lids for storing flowers etc... which I quite like the idea of. I'm shoving the trolley out in the conservatory when it's not in use but this way I can quickly and easily access things where as before they were in cardboard boxes and RUBS and it took me forever to find stuff. x

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Claire. I need one - can see a trip to Ikea coming up.

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    As an apology for my lack in blogging lately I have a £10 Ribbon Girl voucher for a blogging buddy. It is also a celebration candy.
    Would love you to join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon - I hope you're having a lovely weekend too xxx

      Delete
  3. I love your little trolley Claire! I had no idea the struggle you have just to get your craft on, hope you get things sorted soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I think it's an essential piece of kit - not that I'm encouraging you or anything! ;) x

      Delete
  5. Love this. I've GOT to get one lol.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me know when you get it and how you pimp it! You may well regret that last comment :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I purchased mine ( same color) when they came out and they were double the price. So tempted to get a second -- lucky for me there is an Ikea next to our gym! ☺️ Enjoy your cart! They are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh jealous - I have an hour plus drive to get to my nearest one! I have to say I'm wondering how I've done without this trolley for so long and a second one sounds like a good idea to me! ;) x

      Delete
  7. I've missed seeing your posts but I'm back now. Great luck on getting the trolley and of course, your creations are brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...