Saturday 28 March 2015

Chocolate Free Easter Treat

I know it seems wrong doesn't? However there are a few people out there who either can't eat chocolate or gasp don't like chocolate. I have guests for Easter and one those doesn't eat chocolate eggs. It's been bugging me for a few weeks as to what I could do for them in place of an egg and finally I hit upon this idea. It's totally not suitable for anyone who is diabetic (although there is a really nice selection of diabetic eggs available on the high street) and is going to be a Marmite type project in as much as you'll either love it or hate it!

Anyway, I decided that I'd make an Easter "Sweetie" Breakfast complete with Sharpie embellished plate! So I scoured the supermarkets looking for suitable sweets and this is what I ended up with:



Bacon - Sour Strips
Eggs - Jelly Eggs
Baked Beans - Jelly Beans
Black Pudding - Liquorice
Mushrooms - Coconut Mushrooms and Foam Mushrooms
Tomatoes - Foam Strawberries
Ketchup - Giant Cherry Lips
Sausages - Rhubarb Cables

I'm going to hot glue an small Easter arrangement onto the cellophane - I'm just waiting for my chicks and lambs to be delivered.

That's it from me today. Thanks for stopping by.

Claire x

I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
The Creative Girl
Today's Creative Blog

7 comments:

  1. Clever! I'm a little worried about the 'foam' though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brilliantly clever idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What a brilliant Idea, I totally love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea, it sure does love rather delicious.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea it looks amazing. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I think it is fab and is a very thoughtful gift for someone x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No chocolate is fine, if you get a great plate of goodies like that I'd be happy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...