Monday 22 September 2014

The Creative Blog Hop

Good morning lovely people. You didn't expect to see me here today did you? Well I'm here to take part in the The Creative Blog Hop - not heard of it before? Me neither until my lovely friend Jenny from Dragonlew's Spot tagged me and asked if I'd like to play along! So off I went to investigate and decided it actually might be a pretty neat way of you finding out a little bit about me and what makes me tick creatively.

The hop asks a series of questions and I've tried to answer them as honestly as possible. So here goes...

1. What am I working on now?

Well I have several projects on the go at the moment none of which I can share any pictures of as they are kind of top secret. The only thing I can say is that one of them caused me to reach for the Tena ladies when I got asked! Whilst the projects for this request are really exciting it's kind of stressing me out at the same time as it's important that I get things right and meet the tight deadline!! All will be revealed in October!!!

The other projects are inspiration projects for my DT commitments. Oh and I almost forgot I am working on a little something that's just for me and that's learning to use my Distress Markers - but more on that another day!

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?

Wow this is a hard one to answer.... I guess that my work differs from others in as much as I play with paper, inks and stamps as most paper crafters do, but tend to mix things up with techniques and images from mixed media artists. For example the recent sardine tin that I show-cased has it's roots firmly in the mixed media arena but then I've mixed things up a little by adding a super cute decoupaged image from a pe-printed topper sheet. That is not what artists in either arena would expect to see!
3. Why do I create what I do?

I guess the easy answer to that it makes me happy!

4. How does my creative process work?

Ummm...basically I see something like an image, a scrap of paper or piece of junk and have to create! I don't tend to have a set process either. I know a lot people take their background papers and then colour images to match but I rarely do that as I tend to be drawn to an item or image and let that take the lead. One thing I am strict with myself over is not having a hissy fit if things go wrong which means that I rarely put anything in the bin. For example, if I've almost coloured an image perfectly and then ruin it at the last hurdle by going out of the lines or dropping a pen onto the face I'll simply cut it out and decoupage it. Life is too short to spend hours creating something and then because of a simple mistake you have a meltdown and bin it - almost everything is salvageable and some of my best pieces have the been the result of an accident!

The final part of this hop is to share some of the uber talented folk out there inspire me creatively. This was the hardest part for me, not because there isn't anyone who inspires me creatively but simply because there are too many of you! So without further ado I'd like to introduce my two victims both of whom are hugely talented and never cease to amaze me with their creations!

Louise Sims - I started card making 5/6 years ago when I was enticed or should I say "lured in" by a handmade card I had been sent by a friend. I loved the idea that someone had designed, made and sent me a card that they had crafted: it made the card even more special.
I am very lucky to be part of the Polka Doodles design team and adore the varied range of products Nikky designs. I also am part of the Pan Pastels and Dutch Doobadoo teams too. My aspiration is to be able to do successfully CAS card but I feel that this aspiration might be a long time coming as I am partial to an embellishment or two.

Carmen Wing - hi everyone. My name is Carmen and I have a little blog called Whoopidoo...ings. I love to play with Acrylics, Watercolour and Mixed Media. I also love books, fairy tales and all things spooky. I'd love for you to come along and say hello.

Hopefully you now have insight into me and my creativity? If there's anything else you want to know, please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Claire x

PS If you pop back later in the week I might have a little something creative to show you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...