Sunday 29 January 2012

Less Is More Birthday Sketch

Boo!!! Yep it's me making a rare appearance today. You're probably asking what the occasion is? Well yesterday I was having a little blog hop and thought I'd check to see what the Limettes were upto, only to spot that it was their first birthday and that they'd got a fab sketch to follow. So, as my mojo has been a bit "bleaurgh" lately I thought I'd use the sketch as an attempt to fire things up!

Here's what I did. I'm not completely thrilled with it, but then again I'm not hugely disappointed either! I think if I were to repeat this card that I'd lose the bee in the bottom right corner and also maybe make all the bees sit on the band. What do you think?


Now I'm hoping that they'll accept my entry cos whilst in my mind I'd completely followed the sketch I noticed when I went to enter the challenge that I'd moved the band over and not left a margin - sorry girls :( Even if my offering isn't acceptable, I still had fun actually making something and playing with my inks, which if I'm honest is what's important.

So Happy Birthday LIM and here's to another year of inspiration.

Claire xxx

Materials
Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed
Punchanella
Bee Stamp - Kars
Sentiment and Ink Blot - Computer generated
Stickles - Stardust

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Less Is More - Sketch
Stampin With The Dragon - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes

34 comments:

  1. Claire, I like the way the bees are sitting over the edge of the band. Beautiful CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Claire,love those bees.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Claire Hun this is just gorgeous just love those bees and the layout is just perfect Hun love it to bits,hugs cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it looks fab, i love the bees x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the lone bee and the way the others aren't wholly on the yellow band give it dynamism - it really works just how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the honeycomb effect - was that punchinella? I'm also one who loves the design as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie gorgeous card loving the honeycomb backing on the side it looks fab. Lush LIM card hunni I find these soooo hard to do & you look to have breezed through it....

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, I like the bee in the right corner! Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card love those bee's
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant ... Lovely card ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey SG I think its cool, no changes required, are you going to craft show at Bluewater next week, its quite near Essex though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Claire,

    What a perfect way to bee back with a bang! Super card, really effective honeycomb too!

    Look forward to seeing more in the future!

    Have a great week,
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello gorgeous girl!!!. Looks like we are both back in blogland after a break!!!. Well you wouldn't think you were struggling with your mojo hun but then again we are always our own worst critics!!!. Your card is fantastic and love how you have used the yellow polka dot paper like honey comb. The way I understand sketches are that they can be manipulated, turned the other way up or other side as long as the basic style is the same. I think your card is perfect. Hope you and family are well and glad you are back. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire glad to see you back and with one super card I just love less is more but don't think its something I could manage!! lol Loving the Bees just perfect! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! I love the yellow dots as honeycomb and the bees are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blog you have Claire and I'm really looking forward to working with you over at Polka Doodles.
    Hugs
    Lana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card.
    Thankyou for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon Challenge Blog this week

    Kate xxx
    SWTD DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Claire!! Love the bees and the buzzin' sentiment! Welcome to the PD family and I look forward to seeing more of your fabby creations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. We're our own worst critics! I love it!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome, just read the newsletter and I was thinking to enter too, already got my image in mind what to use and thx spreading the word abt my new blog
    hugs
    Ildz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Claire, love the bees and the design x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think its just perfect as it is and I love the inking through punchinella for the honeycomb
    Jenny x :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! I love those bees and I love the way they are crawling off of the vertical band. It's perfect. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card I thin it looks great as it is

    ReplyDelete
  25. Superb card Claire.Yellow colors have good affects and honeybees image is very cute.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fun card Claire. The bee's are fab!!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is brilliant, love all the bees has long as they're on a card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super card. Very effective.
    Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute! Love it! Belz xx p.s. Thanks for the note on missing out a link to delicious doodles - don't know how I managed to miss it! All fixed now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...