Monday 19 December 2011

Birdcage Christmas Decoration

OK I'm back again with another Crafty Ribbons Favourite Top 5 project. This time it's a tree decoration using one of my favourite Sizzix dies - Tim Holtz's Bird Cage.


I cut the birdcage using chipboard, sprayed it with bronze cosmic shimmer spray and then daubed it lightly with gold acrylic paint which gives it a slightly shabby finish. The ribbon was glued into place then a backing of black card was mounted onto the reverse of the cage. The bird was cut from some music script paper that was in my stash and I inked the edges with Distress Inks. To finish I added a Poinsettia Sticker, a jump ring and some narrow gold ribbon.

Materials
Happy Christmas Ribbon - Crafty Ribbons
Chipboard from stash
Cosmic Shimmer Spray - Bronze
Acrylic Paint - Gold
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Papers from stash
Poinsettia Sticker - from stash
Tools - Tim Holtz Birdcage Die, Sizzix Big Shot

I'd like to enter this ornament into the following challenges:
Samuel Taylors - Anything goes, prize: Kaisercraft mini albums and Jillibean Soup 6x6 paperstack
Crafts & Me - Christmas
Sparkles Forum - Anything but a Christmas card

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic decoration, I may have to pinch if for next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful decoration Claire.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ornament Claire! Love the music paper bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your decoration, TH die is really nice. Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!

    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles for our "Anything but a Christmas card" Challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon, good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW What a great Christmas Decoration, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafts and me this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...