Saturday 14 May 2011

It Bee a notebook!!!

As soon as I saw these cute little bee stamps I grabbed them. They've then sat in my stash unused but not unloved for what seems like forever! I finally got the chance to use them on one of those little notebooks that I've been making. I'm going to keep this book for myself  - selfish I know, but I normally give my stuff away, but can't bear to part with this one! Anyway here it is...


I painted the book with acrylic paints and then inked it with Distress Inks. I created the honeycomb effect using a piece of sequin waste. The bees were stamped using Stazon Ink, I then spritzed the whole lot with Glimmer Mist.

Thanks for stopping by today

Claire xx

I'd like to enter this book into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything goes
Ai Factory - Nature Walk
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Winged things

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful just love it a great little book and such a great stamp!! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick comment from me as your photo is giving me the creeps lol fab notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful book, don't blame you for wanting to keep it for yourself. Gorgeous stamp.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea to use the sequin waste as the honeycomb. Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it,love the honeycomb effect.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is one,gorgeous book hun,love the effect of the honey comb,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute and creative notebook Claire! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I'm loving that bee stamp, too! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. Great image and I love the color combo. The honey comb effect is terrific. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of using your notebook! So glad you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Claire - I like the bumble bees!!!! The honeycomb effect looks fab, I thought you had used pre printed paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Claire, no wonder you don't want to part with it. Enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...